St. Joseph's Church, Molasur
Phone : (044) 27165065
The Parish at Molasur, in the Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore is situated in between Chennai and Kancheepuram. It was made a Parish in 1952. In 1996, the Parish was entrusted to CMF (Claretians) Fathers. And in June 1998, the Parish was entrusted to the Congregation of the Mission by Most. Rev. Aruldas James - the Archbishop of Madras-Mylapore and Fr. Saji Ayppenparambil was appointed as the first C.M. Parish Priest. The Parish has 7 substations with 4 village chapels. Taking into account the local situation and need of the people it was proposed to start an English Medium School. After much discussion the proposal was accepted and the foundation stone for the school was laid in the year 2008 and the new school was inaugurated on 7th June 2010.